Product Fight Presents The fight poster between these two popular T.Vs today.
Armed with a stunning array of technologies like the X1 Extreme Processor, X-Tended Dynamic Range PRO, and X-Motion Clarity, the Sony X850F 4K HDR LED displays an awe-inspiring 4K HDR picture with stunning clarity, contrast, and color
BEYOND HIGH DEFINITION The Sony X900F model television offers the best in 4K HD TV picture quality. With stunning clarity plus high dynamic range color, contrast and detail, and full-array local dimming technology, enjoy a lifelike picture, enhanced contrast and remarkable brightness packed inside an incredibly slim design.
Sony X850G Review
The Sony X850G 85-inch smart tv takes non-HDR content to the next level with the X1 processor and 4k X-Reality PRO. The 4k technology contains HDR10 and HLG for incredible detail and clarity by detecting, analyzing and optimizing each object in the picture individually to adjust the overall contrast. The picture displays smooth and vibrant colors with triluminos display and 4k HDR super bit mapping and content appears lifelike with motionflow XR technology.
With this smart tv you have the ability to find entertainment easily through thousands of available applications like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and more.
- Price – Because the Sony x850G model is an older model, it is less expensive than the upgraded x900F model.
- Built-in Chromecast – In order to cast your favorite shows, movies, music and more, download the Google Cast app, and use your compatible mobile device along with cast-enabled apps to send content right to your TV.
- Built-in Google Assistant – Ask it to play your favorite movie, check the score of your favorite team, and control your TV and even your home.
- Dimming Technology – While they share many of the same features, the Sony x850G lacks in certain areas when compared to the Sony x900F. The frame dimming on the x850F model, for example, is less powerful than the local dimming provided by the x900F model because it has the ability to provide a higher contrast picture.
- Refresh Rate Technology – The refresh rate technology on the X850G model is slower than that on the upgraded X900F. This can affect the overall picture quality when watching a show, movie or other entertainment.
- Edge Backlight – Sony X850G features edge backlighting while Sony X900F uses direct backlighting. Direct backlighting allows dual modulation to work more effectively, giving the tvs more brightness and contrast.
Sony X900F Review
Sony X900F is a 4K Ultra HD resolution tv with HDR video content that delivers exceptional detail, color and contrast, with a far wider range of brightness than other video formats. The object-based HDR remaster technology has the ability to detect, analyze and optimize each object in the picture individually to adjust to the overall contrast for a more natural and realistic picture on screen. Unlike the X800F, the X900F model features full-array dimming technology that offers enhanced contrast and incredible brightness while maintaining a slim design.
In addition, this TV has a 2160p resolution for HD images, smart TV capabilities and built-in chromecast that allows you to cast your favorite shows, movies, music and more.
With Sony X900F, scenes appear as they do in real life with X-Motion Clarity technology. This technology refines action on the screen in real time with an incredible refresh rate for action that is brighter and clearer than ever before.
Pros of Sony X900F
- Dimming Technology – The dimming technology available on Sony X900F provides more contrast and clarity in the picture than the Sony X850F model by utilizing local dimming over frame dimming.
- X-Motion Clarity – The upgraded Sony X900F features X-Motion Clarity technology that takes video quality to the next level. On this model, scenes appear as they do in real life and provide a brighter, more realistic video experience.
- Improved Display – While the X850F has 4K HDR Processor X1 and HDR 10, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) the X900F model 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme and Dolby Vision, HDR 10, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG), offering a more dynamic, high-quality picture.
Cons of Sony X900F
- Price – Because it is a newer model and contains upgraded specs and features, you can expect to spend more money for Sony X900F.
X850G vs. X900 Feature Comparison
HRR: Both models are 4K LED TV’s but differ in their HDR format and technology. While the X850F has 4K HDR Processor X1 and HDR 10, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) the X900F model 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme and Dolby Vision, HDR 10, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG), offering a more dynamic, high-quality picture.
Dimming Technology: In addition, the Sony X900F offers local dimming compared to the frame dimming of the X850F model. The full array local dimming can produce better picture contrast in the X900F model.
Specific Manufacturer Technologies: Both models contain specific manufacturer technologies. For example, the X850F model is 4K HDR X1, TRILUMINOS Display, 4K X-Reality Pro, Motionflow XR while Sony X900F offers more including XDR PRO Contrast 6X, Full-array Local Dimming, 4K HDR X1 Extreme, TRILUMINOS Display, X-Motion Clarity, 4K X-Reality Pro.
Other: Both Sony X850F and Sony X900F use voice control remote controls, are smart capable, are Android TV’s and use digital TV tuners.
As the Sony X900F is the more recent model, it is more expensive than Sony X850F.
Which One Should You Choose?
While the X850F model is less expensive, Sony X900F contains more features for a higher-quality viewing experience. The local dimming and refresh rate technology allow you to enjoy advanced picture clarity and the X-Motion Clarity will make scenes appear as they do in real life.
You can expect an improved experience when you opt for Sony X900F over its competing model. What you sacrifice for in cost you make up for in a higher quality television so we recommend the upgraded model.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this series bluetooth enabled?
Yes, Sony X850G is bluetooth enabled
What is the refresh rate?
The refresh rate for Sony X850F is 120 Hz.
Can you add apps?
While this model only comes with Youtube and Netflix installed, it is an Android TV, allowing you to easily install any app through Google Play.
Can motionflow be turned off?
Yes, motionflow can be turned off through the advanced settings on the TV.
What are the exact dimensions of the 65” Sony X900F?
The dimensions of the TV (Width x Height x Depth) without the stand is 57 x 32.75 x 2.75 inches (1447 x 829 x 69 mm).
What is the HDMI spec?
What does the manufacturer over on this TV?
Is this dual band high-speed WIFI?
This TV supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi frequency
Are You Finding a Good Quality Product?
Come and check the most popular products today and see what they can do. Product Fight got you! Whether it is for Lawn & Garden, Electronics, and Computer & Accessories!