The LG V20 and G6 are both great cellphones but how do they stack against each other? See our comparison and review of these models below:
Sometimes the smallest moments become the greatest stories – The LG V20 gives you the clarity and confidence to tell yours better than ever before. It’s not simply an evolution, it’s the next generation of awesome sound and epic videography in mobile.
Capture more striking photos with the innovative wide-angle front and rear cameras, and watch your favorite movies and video content like never before with Dolby Vision
LG V20 Review
The LG V20 T-Mobile phone contains a 5.7inch quad HD IPC capacitive touchscreen and 1440 x 25600 pixel resolution for enhanced picture quality.
A few of the major specs that the LG v20 features include:
- Next-Level Video Recording – Hi-Fi video recording has never been easier with 3 high AOP mics that are capable of recording clean, lossless audio that matches the quality of your video.
- HD Audio aRecording – Capture high-quality audio on the go with the ability to tape over a separate track.
- Wide-Angle Front and Rear Cameras – The LG V2 features a camera that can switch from wide to standard angles based on preference. The wide angle front lens allows you to shoot selfies with a wider background for larger group pictures or inclusive scenic shots. The camera also contains the following features: slow-motion video recording, live zooming, optical image stabilization, panorama, gesture shot and more.
This LG phone has internal memory of 64GB for ample storage space. It also comes with a removable battery and USB TYPE-C Quick Charge 3.0. A 3,200 mAh battery and reversible plug makes it easier than ever to get the power that you need, right when you need it.
Pros of LG V20
- Price – The LG V20 is a less expensive model than the LG G6.
- Hi-Fi Quad DAC – The built-in 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC found in the LG V20 offers an overall better sound quality for clear and crisp audio. The LG V20 also boosts impressive microphones, ideal for high quality audio recording.
- Secondary Display – The second screen on the LG V20 can come in handy when you are accessing contacts, jumping between apps or replying directly to notifications.
Cons of LG V20
- Not Waterproof – The LG V20 lacks the IP68 Certified Waterproofing that the LG G6 boosts.
- Design – The LG G6 boosts a slimmer, lighter and more refined phone design than the LG V20. The LG G6 has a glass backing that gives it a more premium design.
- Battery Life – The battery life of the LG V20 is shorter than that of the LG G6. LG V20 has a battery life of 14.2 hours while the battery in the LG G6 can last up to 20.5 hours.
LG V20 FAQ
Q: What is the max external storage?
A: 2 terabytes
Q: Does the camera on this phone offer live zooming?
A: Yes, the LG V20 has a live zooming option.
Q: What are the gestures shots on this phone?
A: The LG V20 offers gesture shots for an easy photo taking experience. This includes:
- Gesture Shot: Take selfies with a simple hand gesture.
- Gesture View: Transitions between camera mode and preview mode automatically when phone is lowered.
- Gesture Interval Shot: Make a fist twice to take four selfies in sequence.
Q: What does the second screen do?
A: The secondary screen on the LG V20 provides quick access to notifications, favorite apps, contacts, and more.
Q: What is wi-fi direct?
A: The wi-fi direct allows you to connect directly to devices via wi-fi.
LG G6 Review
The LG G6 is a 5.7” QHD smartphone with FullVision Display, putting more screen onto your phone. It features a wide angle front camera, dual 13 MP rear cameras, square camera mode and more. LG G6 is Dolby Vision and HDR10 supported. The LG G6 with Dolby Vision™ and an 18:9 QHD+ display provides an immersive cinematic experience with enhanced contrast and color. In addition, this model is both water and dust resistant. It has an IP68 rating, so it is sealed against dust and can be safely immersed in up to 1.5 meters of water for up to 30 minutes.
The square camera feature has four different modes to get the most out of every shot:
- Snap Shot – Review the last shot and preview the next.
- Grid Shot – Create 2×2 grids of photos and videos.
- Guide Shot – Recreate photos with a guide image.
- Match Shot – Combine two photos for creative imagery.
Other notable features about the LG G6 include:
- Rear key with fingerprint ID
- Wireless charging with compatible dock
- Dual rear cameras with wide angle lens
- Hi-Fi audio recorder
Overall, the LG G6 offers a high-quality camera and lens, long battery life and a higher resolution display.
Pros of LG G6
- Higher Resolution Display – While the LG G6 has the same size screen as in V20, is resolution display is higher. The LG V20 features a 1,440 x 2,560 pixel resolution whereas LG G6 features a 1,440 x 2,880 pixel resolution.
- Faster Processor – The LG G6 utilizes the Snapdragon 821 Processor – an upgraded version of the Snapdragon 820 that the LG V20 features. According to Snapdragon, this upgraded processor is 10% faster than it’s earlier version.
- Wireless Charging – Unlike the LG V20, the LG G6 features a wireless charging option, making it easier than ever for you to charge your phone anywhere, anytime.
Cons of LG G6
- Price – The LG G6 goes for a higher price than the LG V20
- Glass Backing – The glass backing on the LG G6 is sleek and more refined than that of the LG V20. However, the glass is more prone to fingerprints and other smudges.
LG G6 FAQ
Q: Does this phone come with a micro SD slot?
Q: Does this phone have dual bluetooth?
A: No, the LG G6 does not have dual bluetooth.
Q: What are the available colors for the LG G6?
A: The LG G6 comes in a black or platinum color option.
Q: What processor does the LG G6 use?
A: LG G6 uses the upgraded Qualcomm Snapdragon 821.
Q: What formats does the music player support?
A: LG G6 music player supports AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, PCM, FLAC, AIFF, M4A, WAV, AMR, MIDI, WMA, DFF, MP3, DSF, AC3, XMF, and OGG formats.
Which One Should You Chose?
Although both the LG V20 and LG G6 are powerful, high-quality phones, we have to recommend the LG G6. It’s slim design and lighter weight give it a sleeker appearance than its competitor. The higher resolution display makes it the more premium and refined option. In addition, it has a processor speed that is 10% faster than that of the LG V20 and a higher pixel density for increased picture clarity.
Although you will spend a little more money for the LG G6, you’ll be walking away with a more advanced, high-quality cellular device.